ADMIX OPTIFEED – POWDER INDUCTION SYSTEM
OptiFeed – The Preferred Powder Induction System
The Optifeed atmospheric powder induction system provides a rapid introduction and wetting out of dry solids and/or liquid ingredients. As a result, the Optifeed processes 50-200 pounds/minute depending on model and process conditions.
Specifically designed for the meat and poultry industry, the Optifeed-EZ powder feed system is the preferred option. With a simplified design for higher viscosity brines and marinades, all models offer ergonomic benefits:
- Reduced risk of operator injury or accidents
- Fast ingredient addition
- Reduced mix times
- Improved yields
The system utilizes an ergonomic waist-high hopper for the addition of all ingredients required in the mix. The material is conveyed into the tank at rates over 100 pounds per minute with our standard 2″ model. Compare our powder induction models for all your ergonomic high viscosity and shear requirements.
R-Cap is happy to recommend a creative solution for your mixing challenge.
To see the data sheet for the OptiFeed, click here.
HOW IT WORKS
The Rotosolver combines the shearing capabilities of a high speed toothed rotor and a slotted stator with the additional advantage of high flow / circulation from the dual rotor blades. This unique mixing head design of the disperser provides a four-stage mixing action:
- Product flow is drawn into the mixing head from above and below. As flow is drawn in, materials and powders pulled down from the top (typically the toughest to disperse) are immediately exposed to two additional mechanical shear zones and one shear zone from the bottom. Therefore, these materials are then immediately mechanically ripped by the teeth on the rotor’s discharge at the top and bottom of the stator.
- The counter-current streams converge within the stator causing high turbulence and hydraulic shear. As a result, no momentum loss from obstructions within the stator.
- Centrifugal pressure forces material to the stator, where it is subjected to further shear from edges of the expanded slots.
- The high velocity radial discharge combines with slower moving tank flow for additional hydraulic shear and circulation
BASIC RULES WHEN USING
- Maximum viscosity before or after ingredient introduction is 2500 cps.
- Maximum allowable head-on discharge side is 10 psi. If the head loss exceeds recommended levels, a booster pump on the discharge piping should be installed.
- Minimum incoming flow rate for the system is 35 GPM.
Most noteworthy, one significant point for all users of powder induction equipment to be aware of: It is very difficult to control with absolute precision, the volume of the en-trained material and its instantaneous ratio to the motive liquid. Most often, powder induction systems are mounted in a batch mixing process to ensure the desired recipes are achieved.
|Sanitary Ball Valve (Hopper)||2 in. / 50.8 mm||2in. / 50.8 mm||2 in. / 50.8 mm|
|Hopper diameter / Volume||24 in. / 3.5 cu. ft.||24 in. / 3.5 cu. ft.||24 in. / 3.5 cu. ft.|
|Flow Control Valve(s)||N/A||2 in. / 50.8 mm||2.5 in. / 63.5 mm|
|Motor (Washdown Duty)||7.5 HP Stainless||7.5 HP Stainless||15 HP White Epoxy|