Hot Water on Demand with the Hydro-Thermal EZ Heater
The EZ Heater® is the industry leader in all hot water applications with its unique internal modulation, and self-cleaning ability. With instantaneous hot water where you need it, the EZ Heater is ideal for washing stations where maintaining a minimum temperature is critical, CIP (Clean in Place) systems, and anywhere that you need reliable hot water now. High velocity steam eliminates scale build up, making costly chemical baths and unexpected shutdowns a thing of the past.
- On-demand hot water at precise temperature – accurately meet set-point temperatures at variable flow rates
- No energy loss – 100% of the steam’s heating energy is absorbed by the water, dramatically reducing energy costs
- Worry-free operation – avoid unscheduled shutdowns; self-cleaning patented design, no scaling or fouling
- Small footprint – small, compact design with easy installation
- Positive return on investment (ROI) – unbeatable energy savings!
HOW IT WORKS
- Directly plumbed into the process piping
- Water enters the inlet flowing past the patented diffuser
- Steam enters at the inlet traveling through the diffuser as it’s injected into the water through small holes
- An actuator, controlled by the downstream temperature gauge, moves the stem plug exposing the necessary amount of holes, discharging the exact amount of steam needed to reach set-point temperature
- The turbulent nature of this high velocity discharge enables steam to instantaneously penetrate, disperse and efficiently produce uniform heating
This unique patented design assures precise steam control and produces predictable results based on the position of the stem plug. A variable-area steam nozzle meters steam flow at the point where steam and liquid first contact and mix. This technique eliminates the need for an external steam control valve.
Choked flow is the phenomenon of accelerating a vapor to maximum velocity by creating a pressure differential through an engineered nozzle. Establishing choked flow precisely controls the heating of the liquid by metering the steam flow.
- Central Hot Water
- Localized hot water systems for critical temperature water
- Hose stations, spray bars, and tank spray balls
- Ingredient water or tank heating
- Water side of heat exchanger or jacketed tank heating
- Clean in Place (CIP)
- Can Topping
- Jacketed vessels or reactors
- Boiler feed water