The Rotomixx is an all-stainless steel portable low-shear batch mixer, or tote agitator, designed for the food, pharmaceutical, and cosmetics industries. It’s the answer to a common dilemma: What do we do with mixers that are rusting or have paint chipping off the gearbox and motor? For applications where sanitary conditions must be met, Rotomixx portable mixer is the solution.
The Rotomixx was one of the first all-stainless portable mixers, and it continues to be a leader in the industry. It is available as a portable clamp mount, a fixed mount, and as a sanitary ferrule mount for easy-off installations.
With its ease of installation, cost effectiveness and low maintenance design, the Rotomixx is a flagship product. As a result, some models available through our Quick Ship program. Contact R-Cap for more info.
Let our application engineers give you a customized mixing solution or have your ingredient tested for free in Admix’s pilot lab.
- Heavy-duty all 316 stainless bearing frames
- Meets 3-A TPV #73-01 and USDA-AMS standards
- Unique shaft arbor design offers maximum flexibility
- Extended shaft lengths
- Shaft is easily removed without disassembly of entire bearing frame
- Both 1″ and 1.25″ shaft diameters available
- Shaft is held in place with socket head screws hidden behind a protective, watertight cover
- Flexible motor coupling (spider coupling)
- Allows use of 56C or 145TC motor frames
- Concentricity of motor/arbor alignment allows for easy assembly/disassembly
- HYTREL® elastomer in the coupling is flexible, running quieter and cooler
- Oversized ball bearings
- Long life estimated at 100,000 hours exceeds the normal L10 bearing life
- Increased life means less maintenance, less scheduled downtime
- Double lip seals are standard, with optional seal plate for CIP or washdown applications
- Several grades of all 304SS electric motors are available
How it Works
The Rotomixx portable mixer operation is similar to that of other top-entry agitators where a motor provides power to drive a shaft, and a bearing frame provides support for the motor, coupling, and shaft. At the bottom of the shaft there is a device for pumping fluid, typically a propeller or impeller consisting of 3 or 4 blades attached to a central hub. As a result, the combination of the speed of the shaft rotation, the orientation, and the type of blades pump the fluid or liquid into which the impeller is immersed.
All Rotomixx portable mixer units provide superior axial pumping rates with minimal power usage over conventional agitators through the use of our Jetfoil and Maxifoil designs. Most noteworthy, Admix’s J-style prop is available for significantly improved flow without increased power usage compared to traditional marine-style propellers.
Generally, the Jetfoil provides TWICE the flow rate and tank turnovers at a given horsepower as compared to conventional pitched blade agitators.