Do you have trouble heating and cooling your viscous product? R-Cap has the solution with the Alfa Laval Contherm Scraped Surface Heat Exchanger.
Contherm heat exchangers are a robust solution for a range of industries and applications: from food, chemicals and pharmaceuticals to health and beauty. Based on Alfa Laval’s decades of expertise in thermal exchange, each unit is specially engineered to handle viscous, heat sensitive, crystallizing or sticky products, as well as those with sensitive particulate matter. Alfa Laval’s patented rotating scraping technology continuously removes fouling material during processing. Gentle handling preserves the quality of shear-sensitive products while simultaneously providing high efficiency with a larger flow area and reduced pressure drop.
The Contherm scraped surface heat exchanger range is able to deal with the kinds of products where other types of heat exchangers are known to clog or foul.
Contherm is a single-wall scraped-surface heat exchanger designed for continuous and semi-continuous processing of an extremely broad range of viscosities. Its unique design offers impressive flexibility in heating and cooling operations for numerous products, with or without particles.
- Versatile solution that can handle particles up to 36 mm and viscosities well in excess of 50,000 cP.
- Easy-to-clean design can flexibly transition between products with limited downtime.
- Multiple material options ensure efficient heat transfer and reliable mechanical performance.
- Flexible installation with horizontal or vertical configuration to meet space limitations.
- Vertical installations include a built-in hydraulic system that allows for fast and safe inspection with low service costs.
Contherm represents the most versatile heat transfer solution on the market, suitable for a wide range of applications and industries. The unique design provides low hold-up volumes and can handle product pressures up to 21 bar (300 PSI), with rotational scraping speeds ranging from 25 to more than 1000 rpm. This flexibility creates countless opportunities for the production of food products, protein by-products, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, personal care products, and much, much more.