Sterling Cooling Tower Series Pump Tanks
Cooling Tower Pump Tank assemblies offered by Sterling are backed by proven engineering and expert fabrication that have made these systems the standard of the industry for decades. Process cooling water is circulated by centrifugal pumps with cast iron housings, cast iron impellers and mechanical seals. Full sized pump suction and discharge valves are expertly assembled on solid decks and include suction isolation valves, throttling valves, discharge check valves, pressure gauges and gauge trim.
These versatile tanks can be modified to meet the specific needs of your facility and application. Chilled Water Pump Tanks also offer variable frequency drive (VFD) options for optimal control and energy usage.
- Tank systems from 152 to 6,044 gallons (1893 to 22,879 Liters) available, with up to 5 pumps
- Centrifugal close-coupled pumps, featuring cast iron impellers with 230 or 460/3/60 ODP motors, other voltages and motor designs are available.
- Chiller tanks are fully insulated and include composite covers
- Full size pump trim reduces pressure drop and provide optimum flow to process while including the suction valve, discharge check valve, throttling valve, pressure gauge, and gauge trim
- Automatic make-up valve with splash guard for trouble-free level control
- Stainless steel construction provides a durable finish while being easy to clean and extends service life
- Field mounted thermometers for ease of fluid temperature monitoring
- Check valve on discharge trim prevents supply line drain-back, eliminating pump start shock
- High efficiency Open Drip Proof (ODP) motor selections from 1.5 to 75 horsepower as standard
- Non-slip solid steel pump deck for added serviceability and safety
- Tank design as Single Well or Dual Well
- Tank-mounted control panels with either digital or electro-mechanical controls
- Various sensor arrays with the control panel to meet the specific needs of individual facilities
- Totally Enclosed Fan Cooled (TEFC) pump motors available
- 1” Clayton float-type claval makeup valves
- Sight glass for visual tank level monitoring
- Audible/visual alarm annunciator with various input selections
- Raised installation option will include support legs, handrails, and ladder
- Armaflex insulation available for tower tanks
- Bronze impellers