Haffmans O2 In-Line Meter – OGM
The Haffmans In-line Optical O2 Meter – OGM combines high accuracy with excellent measurement stability. This new optical O2 measurement technology provides greatly improved response times compared to traditional O2 measuring devices and does not require frequent calibration.
• Accurate process control
– measurement data storage
• Cost saving
– reduction of product losses
– low maintenance
– efficient operation of production
• Measurement in liquid and gas
In the beer and beverage industries, the content of dissolved oxygen (DO) is extremely important to both product quality and taste. Excess oxygen (O2) can compromise the flavor stability and lead to significantly reduced product shelf life. Because of this, breweries and other beverage manufacturers continuously seek to measure and control the O2 concentrations throughout production.
The OGM is available in two measuring ranges:
- Low measuring range (LHO) for accurate DO measurement of beverages < 2,000 ppb (e.g. beer and deaerated water)
- Wide measuring range (WLO) for accurate DO measurement of beverages < 45.0 mg/l (e.g. wort, soft drinks and non-deaerated water)
The OGM can be installed anywhere in the production process where the determination of the dissolved oxygen content is critical to the quality of the product.
The user-friendly control unit can be supplied in either field or panel mounted versions and a maximum of two O2sensors can be connected to each control unit.
Fields of Application
In-line, at critical locations in the production line where the determination of the dissolved O2 content is required and adjustments within the process can be made.
CO2/O2 Meter – AuCoMet-I
The Haffmans Optical In-line CO2 / O2 Meter AuCoMet-i sets standards in terms of quality, handling and ease of maintenance. It enables a fast and accurate determination of the CO2content in beer and beverages based on the internationally standardized method of Henry’s Law. In addition, the AuCoMet-i can easily be extended with an O2 sensor.
- Cost saving
- Efficient production process operation
- The need for minimal preventive maintenance reduces OPEX by more than 50%
- Robust and modular design
Pentair Haffmans’ optical O2 measurement technology provides better response times than traditional O2measurement instruments, and does not require frequent calibration.
The AuCoMet-i is supplied with a separate control unit that can be wall, panel or pipe mounted. This offers the operator maximum flexibility to position the control unit at a location that allows optimal access to both the operating panel and the display. One CO2 sensor and one O2 sensor can be connected to each control unit. The CO2 sensor and O2sensor are hygienically designed according to the EHEDG guidelines. The AuCoMet-i is easily mounted in an in-line housing with VariventO© connections.
Fields of Application:
- In-line, at critical locations in the production line where the determination of the dissolved CO2 and O2 content (optional) is required and adjustments can be made, typically after filtration, carbonation and/or blending and before filling.
- In combination with a Pentair Haffmans’ CO2 dosing unit, type CCR, to determine the CO2 quantity and immediately adjust the CO2 dosing rate if necessary.
In-Line Turbidity Meter – OptHaze-I
The Haffmans In-line Turbidity Meter – OptHaze-i measures the scattered light caused by particles and incorporates the latest standards from MEBAK (Mitteleuropäische Brautechnische Analysekommission): 90º measuring angle, red light 650 ± 30 nm to eliminate most of the effects of color of the beverage and formazin calibration standard.
- Cost saving
– optimization of the beverage output volume of a production plant
– no maintenance – two in one measurements for different product types
- Accurate process control
– quick response time enabling improvements in plant efficiency
The In-line Turbidity Meter can be installed anywhere in the process where the determination of turbidity is critical to the quality of the beverage. The turbidity sensor is constructed in accordance with the CE hygienic directive and EHEDG design recommendations. It is easily mounted in a Varivent®process connection and executed as a smart sensor, ready to use, calibrated in a range of 0 to 20 EBC.
The OptHaze-i is designed for simultaneous measurement of 90º and 25º turbidity. The user-friendly control unit can be supplied in either field or panel mounted versions and up to two turbidity sensors can be connected to each control unit.
Fields of Application
In-line, at critical locations in the production line where the determination of turbidity of beverages is required.